Transforming urban mobility
PLP Labs’ presents IUMO/H— an automated, underground public transit option. This single transit protocol can free transport from its current two-dimensional restrictions, rendering the street, rail or lift shaft obsolete. This will impact location, as well as the way we negotiate and experience the city, including the form of our buildings, the organisation of public realm and the way we conceive real estate. Labs investigated what our cities will look like when freed from this legacy infrastructure.
- Automated electric vehicle (AEV) networks – systems design and integrating them into existing cities
- Current urban transport trends and problems
- Data-driven, digital-led transport network
- Subterranean and sub-aqua networks of tunnels for AEVs
- Vehicles can largely be removed from the surface, returning them back to pedestrian use